Deadline: February 24, 2014
Students, postdoctoral fellows, and technologists who submit abstracts are eligible for travel awards sponsored by the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology (PASCV) and the Clinical Virology Symposium.
Special travel awards are available in honor of:
• Dr. Edwin Lennette
• Dr. Edith Hsiung
• Dr. Herman Friedman sponsored by the Clinical Virology Symposium ($1500)
• Dr. Mario Escobar sponsored by the Clinical Virology Symposium ($1500)
• *Special Award for Latin American Residents sponsored by the PASCV ($2000)
*Available to faculty
The PASCV offers several additional travel awards in addition to the named awards above. For detailed information on Award Types and previous recipients, visit http://www.pascv.org/awards.html.
• Be presenting author of submitted abstract;
• Reside in North America;
• Be a student, post-doctoral fellow, or technologist; and
• Not have received the award in the past three years.
Preference is given to those who have not received the award.
Applicants should submit:
• Eligibility letter from supervisor. Letter must include the name of the student, fellow, or technologist who is competing for the travel award, and abstract title
• Copy of abstract submitted to Call for Abstracts
• Travel Award Application Form (Form may be completed in English or Spanish)
Application materials should be sent to:
Email grant application to:
Dr. Steven Specter, Symposium Chairman
or if by mail, please send two copies to:
Dr. Steven Specter
MDC04, University of South Florida College of Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Recipients will be notified on March 10, 2014.